No State income tax, low sales (5%) and property taxes. The state's average effective property tax rate is 0.61%, which is the tenth lowest in the country.
Wyoming public school teacher salaries is the 15th best in the country!
There is a huge variety of outdoor activity options - camping, hiking, mountain biking, photography, four wheeling, skiing, snowmobiling, rock-hounding, white water rafting . . .the list goes on and on.
Events and Opportunities in our area:
● The Riverton Rendezvous & Balloon Rally every July brings many entertaining events to the area.
● We have a fantastic skate park and splash pad in our City Park
● Rendezvous Roasters: Specialty coffee roasters from around the region compete for bragging rights.
● Annual 1838 Mountain Man Rendezvous at the Wind River Heritage Center in Riverton, Wyoming.
● Wind River Indian Reservation Celebrations and Pow-Wows. See https://windriver.org/ for details.
● Riverton Aquatic Center: State of the art pool facility with a multitude of offerings for community members.
● CATS: Center for Arts, Technology and Science: Their mission is to enhance the lives of children and their adults through the exploration of the arts, technology & sciences